Donate Your Items
Featuring Car Side Service!
A few tips to consider before making a donation:
1. Be part of the clean club – Please wash the item prior to donating.
2. Check the pockets prior to donating clothing.
3. Tie shoes together or fasten together with a rubber band.
4. Wrap up fragile items – chipped glassware is no fun to drink out of any doesn’t sell well.
5. Create an itemized list of what you plan to donate - this is very helpful for your taxes.
We gladly accept donations behind our store located at 111 Sioux Road in Mankato during store hours. We offer car side service and will quickly unload the donated items from your vehicle. We will provide a tax receipt for your donation as donations are tax deductible. Please consult your tax advisor or the IRS website for more information.
If you have a question regarding your donation, please contact the store manager at 507. 388.3867
List of Items We Can Accept
NOTE: This list may be changed and/or modified as needed to accommodate business needs and trends.
- Men’s, women’s, children’s clothing, coats and shoes and winter boots
- Accessories: hats and mittens and gloves, scarves, ties, nylons, socks and underwear
- Personal accessories: purses, wallets, bags, jewelry, watches
- Sheets, towels, comforters, bedspreads, curtains, drapes, blankets, pillow, shower curtains, tablecloths, placemats
- Health aids: walkers, toilet risers, bed rails, canes, crutches
- Garage items: hoses, shovels, planters, pots, rakes, anything without gas
- Dishes, pots and pans, glasses, silverware, casseroles, Tupperware, vases, cooking utensils and gadgets, cookie sheets, cake pans
Knick Knacks and trinkets, collectible items, books, DVD’s, CD’s, albums (no cassette tapes)
- Holiday items (we accept artificial Christmas trees after October 1)
Sporting goods (we prefer not to accept golf clubs or downhill skis)
- Strollers and baby equipment
- Small kitchen appliances in working order, stereo equipment, fans, lamps, DVD players, VHS players, small power tools, vacuums
- Games, dolls, small stuffed animals, puzzles, bicycles, ride on toys, toddler toys, cars and trucks
- Furniture –gently used, clean furniture, mattresses must have the “Do not remove under penalty of Law” tag and be exceptionally clean
Items We Cannot Accept
Unfortunately, there are some items we cannot accept for a variety of reasons, including high disposal fees, and general safety. There are also issues with product recalls. This list may be changed and/or modified as needed to accommodate business needs and trends.
- Weapons and explosives
- Hazardous waste
- Large appliances
- Typewriters, computers, printers, fax machines, TV’s, console stereos, pianos or organs
- Tires and batteries
- Exercise equipment, golf clubs, and downhill skis
- No baby cribs, car seats, baby bath tubs or potty chairs
For a safe way to dispose of items we cannot accept, please consider other environmentally friendly resources in Blue Earth County or in a location near you.